I Be-Leaf It's Your Birthday Card
This fall, celebrate a birthday with the colors normally associated with this season. Add a fun element and make a card that will make the recipient feel young at heart, regardless her age.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 1 piece 5.6 x 8.2 inch yellow cardstock
- 1 piece 5.4 x 3.7 inch ordinary white paper
- brown skeleton leaf
- small piece of red felt
- 1 piece 1.2 x 3.4 inch red net fabric
- 1 0.6 inch wide small red and white polka dotted bow
- five 5mm wide clear rhinestones
- pair of 8mm wiggle eyes
- Artline golden calligraphy pen
- Artline 210 black fineliner pen
- red and orange felt-tip pens
- soft eraser
- pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- small sponge (use one that was inside a medicine bottle)
- Score the yellow cardstock to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- Draw two soft pencil lines on the white paper. Use the black fineliner pen and in cursive writing add the words "I be-leaf its your birthday..." Allow the ink to dry before erasing the pencil lines. Then, use the golden pen to add an uneven border all around the white paper.
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the white paper to the front of the card. Now use the orange pen and color a small part of the sponge. Rub the sponge over the bottom part of the white paper to add a soft orange hue to the paper.
- Cut a strip of red felt that is the same width as the middle of the skeleton leaf.
- Glue the one longer side of the net fabric to the strip of red felt ~ gather the net to make small frills.
- Glue the "dress" onto the leaf.
- Glue the five rhinestones onto the strip of red felt.
- Glue the wiggle eyes and bow onto the leaf.
- Cut a small mouth from the red felt and glue it to the leaf.
- Glue the leaf to the front of the card.
- Use the black pen to add legs, and use the red pen to color the shoes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!