I Need Help Burning CDs

I purchased Music Match Plus a few weeks ago. I had no trouble burning CDs. Now I get a message saying theres no disk in the drive. This happens when I try to burn a new CD. I have contacted Music Match and did what they said to do, nothing helped. Can anyone help me? I have a Dell running XP.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Shonda from Grand Rivers, KY

Answers:

I Need Help Burning CDs

I had the same problem with my Dell. Call Dell and they will tell you the exact type of CD to use for your type of computer. Because if you use any other CD, it won't work. (05/24/2007)

I Need Help Burning CDs

Two things: The CD burner in your Dell may be faulty - call their tech service and have them walk you through the process. They have replaced two of ours so far due to the CD-RW drive not working properly. If you have any kind of warranty coverage (or tech service coverage) still with them, call!

Next, to be perfectly honest, Windows has a great CD burning program. If you go to your HELP menu (under START) and type in Burn CD you will find information on how to do it.

Also, be sure you are using the appropriate speed CD for burning. It has to be rated the same - or slower - than your CD-RW drive speed. And, you get a better burn if you do burn them a little slower - less bad copies that way.

Good luck! (05/25/2007)

By DownSouth

I Need Help Burning CDs

Are the disks formatted? As this happened to me as well. Not all disks are formatted and they need to be. Hope that this helps. (05/29/2007)

By Janet from Toronto