Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I've seen this on TV but never knew how to make it. It's the different colored flat bottomed ice-cream cones that have I guess cake mix inside with icing on top. Like a cupcake but in an ice-cream cone. I'm guessing its just cake mix inside, but how much do I put and can I bake that?

Priscilla from Zwolle

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Go to this website and type in the search space "ice cream cupcake" and it gives you a large selections to choose from that are quite cute! I did read on another site that the cones become soft and some recommended to bake the cupcakes and then insert them inside the cones once cooled? best of luck

By JoAnnDeMom

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

it is your favorite cake mix and icing you go by package directions as stated on your cake mix and fill the cones half way. I put my cones in a muffin pan and that helps balance them sometimes (03/06/2008)

By angelnana1952

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

These are simple to make. Just get flat bottom cones and mix cake as box directs. Pour cake to about 1/3 fill or just to where the cone flares. Place in a muffin pan and bake about 20 minutes at 350 or until golden. They will rise up and and mound on top. Then cool as any cake and frost anyway you like and/or decorate with sprinkles or whatever. They are a big hit with little ones. I just made them for a group of 1 and 2 year olds. (03/07/2008)

By Wildshihtzu

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Hi, Just fill the ice cream cone until it starts to get larger. (Base portion only) Place all cones on a cookie sheet. The cake mix will rise and fill the entire cone. The decorations are all your imagination. I have been doing this for forty years and they are always a pleasure to serve. (03/07/2008)

By Tedebear

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Buy a Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake Mix. The recipe is on the side panel of the box. Enjoy! (03/07/2008)

By Sylvia in Saipan

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I used to stand the cones in muffin pans for baking, but found it's easier to stand the cones up in a large cake pan. The last time I made these, I used a regular-sized box of the cones, then made the rest of the mix into regular cupcakes for the adults.
Putting the cones side-by-side in the large pan makes it easier to put them in and out of the oven when baking. (03/07/2008)

By Sharon

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

My Mom used to make these cupcakes and instead of frosting them, she'd top them with ice cream. Yummy! (03/07/2008)

By awanawr

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Baking Cupcakes in Ice Cream Cones
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Cupcake with a Frankenstein decoration on top.
Making Frankenstein Cupcakes
Keeping Ice Cream Cones from Dripping
Keeping Ice Cream Cones from Dripping
Ice Cream Cone
Ice Cream Cone Tips