Ice Maker Not Working

I have a Kenmore side by side refrigerator, model 106.55243400. The ice maker has quit working. Any suggestions before I call a repair man? It is about 3 years old and I have checked the water and it is fine. What about the filter? Thanks.

By clegferry from Greenville, GA

Answers:

Ice Maker Not Working

We had the same problem after 13 months, it was the computer chip in the Ice Maker sensor. The repairman said "these parts are the first to go", and they already replaced the part with a new one at the factories. Raise a stink about it, maybe you can get it replaced at no cost to you. (06/04/2009)

By tarlo

Ice Maker Not Working

I would first check the end of the tubing that comes into the ice maker. I had a problem once and when I checked the tubing there was a chunk of ice blocking the end of the tube. Wrapped it with warm washrags until it started to melt and then pulled chunk out. Have not had a problem since. (06/05/2009)

By lkoenig

Ice Maker Not Working

After turning off the water at the main valve under the sink, our ice maker stopped working too. I poured water with a small cup every couple of hours to fill the ice tray in the ice maker. It would make the ice, but the water was not filling. I came across this website and used several suggestions. I began by unplugging the refrigerator. I took out the ice box and even unscrewed the actual ice maker away from the inside of the freezer and disconnected it. From the back of the fridge I unscrewed the plastic tube to make sure there was water inside the tube and that it wasn't frozen. I took warm water and flushed it through the hole with a straw from the back of the fridge.

Make sure to put an empty cup inside the freezer at the bottom of the "slide" to catch the water being flushed through. I did see tiny pieces of ice slide down, but nothing significant. I put it all back, which was difficult to do since it was a tight squeeze in the freezer. Anyhow, I was disappointed that after I reconnected it, it didn't immediately fill the empty ice tray with water! Thinking it was a loss and a waste of time, I left it alone and continued my day. The next morning the ice box had generously made ice for my family all night long. The ice maker is back in business! Next time, I'll just use the blow dryer. Thanks for the great tips! (07/28/2009)

By Mommy Fix It

Ice Maker Manual
Kenmore Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎄