Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice

My ice maker makes ice well, but only dispenses crushed ice. How do I get cubes?

By Herb from LA

Answers:

Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice

There should be a little switch if your ice maker is made to dispense cubes. Not all are. Some just make crushed ice. You should look at the ice maker itself on the inside and out. If it makes cubes at all there will be a small switch that should be marked that will switch it over from crushed to cubed. Good luck.

Just to let you know I was searching for the same kind of switch. I couldn't find it and had to pay $80 for the Kenmore guy to come to the house and show me. It isn't cheap, so look well and figure out if your machine actually makes cubed ice in the door. (11/20/2009)

By gotaspellonyou2

Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice

If you no longer have the manual to your refrigerator try finding it online to find out where the switch is to change the ice making process. If nothing else it will confirm cube ice is not possible. (11/20/2009)

By Suntydt

Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄