Icemaker Not Dumping Ice

Category Ice Machines
Before you call the repair service, you may be able to troubleshoot and repair an in-freezer ice maker that makes, but doesn't dump the ice cubes. This is a guide about icemaker not dumping ice.

I have a Beko gne v320 fridge/freezer. The ice maker tipping motor is brand new, but it only turns about 45 degrees then returns the tray to the level position without empting the ice. Any advice?

Answer Was this helpful? 2
Anonymous

I have the exact same issue. Let me know if you find an answer.

I have the same problem the icemaker was making noise and the ice cubes at the top of the mechanism were staying there I just poured some hot water on it freed the ice from the top and now it is working

The icemaker will not rotate fully to dump ice into the bin. Please help.

The ice maker will not rotate fully to dump ice into bin

Ice tray is stuck in the bump position. Position Ice going in the Ice storage.

LG

Two of the end teeth on our icemaker kept clogging up with built up ice causing the teeth to stop rotating until we use an icepick to chop and break the build up off the teeth. We thought maybe their coating had worn off, so we ordered and replaced the entire icemaker unit. This morning the same two teeth have an ice build up on them also. So frustrating!

You might contact the manufacturer of the new ice unit for their recommendations to correct the problem.

My ice machine wont drop ice

My ice maker fills with water but won't dump the ice once it's frozen. What can I do?

By Michelle B

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Look for a wire "arm" above the bin that can be raised and lowered.

On mine, having it in the raised position tells the icemaker to "stop." Others may operate differently.

For a quick test, just put it in the opposite position that it's in now, to see if you get ice.

I hope this helps.

Take a small container like a mustard bottle with squirt end and put white vinegar in it and put some in ice tray. It's probably got build up in the tray. Good luck.

There is frozen ice, but it will not dump the ice.

By Gary

Anonymous

Is the lever in the open to drop the ice position or is it in the closed position? I one time accidently pushed mine in the off postion when cleaning and felt like a dork when maintenance looked at me like I was a nutcase - LOL ;-)

Can you explain the open vs close position?

My polar 10kg ice maker will not dump the ice

My refrigerator recently stopped making ice. I noticed there was a small piece of frozen ice stuck in the mold, so my husband melted it with the hairdryer and we cleaned out the water. This worked for a few days, but then stopped. Now the mold is stuck full of ice and not rotating to eject the ice. Any suggestions?

By Kate from LA

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Anonymous

Have you tried calling the 800 customer service number of the refrigerator manufacturer? You could also try reading the owners manual trouble shooting section.

I have a Kenmore model 596.58642891. The ice maker is full and will not dump the ice into the bin and makes a clicking sound. What could be the problem?

By Robert

Sometimes our ice maker will quit making ice. This tip works every time. The cause has been (apparently) a cube has become lodged where it should not be. We unload the freezer(pain) and use a hair dryer directly pointed at the ice maker, on high heat, for about 20 minutes. This melts the lodged cube and the ice maker works again.

I just poured room temp water over the end where I saw the ice...works fine

Yes, I also find using the hair dryer to melt all the ice or thaw the ice maker, after ward it starts to work better

My ice maker makes ice, but frequently one or more cubes will stay on top of the assembly and not drop into the collecting bin. If I don't catch them, they freeze to the assembly and stop the ice-making process which means I have to take the entire assembly out of the freezer, let it defrost and reinstall it to start the process again. Sometimes all the cubes do drop into the collecting bin. What's the hang-up?

My ice maker is making ice, it is in the tray, but is not dumping it.

By Sheilah P. from Sacramento, CA

I live in the south and in the rural areas we have deep-wells. Sometimes the cubes stick and won't dump because of mineral deposits left behind in the ice tray and it causes the cubes to stick. I don't know what your situation is. If push comes to shove call the maker and see what they suggest.

The ice container makes & holds the ice but will not release any cubes when button is pressed just a humming noise.....help...

I can see that there is ice made in the freezer but it will not drop. Is there a sensor that signals that the bucket is low? I have removed everything from the top shelf, so there is no interference from food. What can I check short of calling a repair man? I hadn't been having any problems before it just stopped.

By edm

There is usually an arm attached to the ice maker that raises as the ice fill the bucket below. If this arm is in the raised position, it will not make or dump additional ice. Some ice makers heat a little so they can release the ice to dump. This heating element may be burnt out.

My Kitchenaid refrigerator is making ice, but it is not dumping. I melted all the ice in the ice maker and I can hear the water filling. A couple hours later there is ice, but is not dumping. What is the problem?

By Jack

How do I remove the ice tray in my Kenmore freezer? It has ice in it, but it won't come out.

By Jacvk H.

Anonymous

Is the ice release lever in the on or off position? I once was having the same problem and it was simply because the lever wasn't in the release on mode ;-)