Ideas For My 17th Birthday

I'll be turning 17 this November, and I'm looking for ideas on a party. I'd like to have a big one, since I haven't had a birthday party in years. I'm thinking about renting out a hall and having a semi-formal/casual party. I want a DJ. And I'm in need of a theme. I don't want anything like Casino Night. I want something extremely original, but really fun. I want to have things that the guests will enjoy, too, maybe like a cotton candy machine or something like that. Any ideas? They're greatly appreciated.

Brittany from Pennsylvania

Answers:

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

Luau! Go to any party store and they have the grass skirts and all kinds of decorations - its a blast! (07/17/2007)

By Lily 59

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

I am about to have my 17th birthday party on the 25 of July and was stuck on an idea. I did some thinking and decided to have a dessert party. I am planing to have a sundae bar. I also love to bake so I am going to have a blank cake with fondant over it and let my friends decorate it. I got this idea from a friend so i know it will be great. It is not that hard, you can just buy fondant and roll it out. I am also going to have a chocolate fountain, and I am finding great new way to serve sweets. You can Google for ideas or go to the foodnetwork.com. My party is also going to be a sleepover so moves are a must. (07/17/2007)

By Caitlin

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

some ideas would be!
- DJ
-movie projector
-black+white theme
-fall theme
-a lot of people
-Chocolate fondue machine
-line dancing coach
(08/01/2007)

By alisa

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

Well last year I turned 16 so for my b-day I had 6 friends over to spend the night and we broke glow sticks and slung them all over an empty room and each other. It was so cool it was like a big canvas. After that we took a walk down my street. Then we went to bed and the next day (my b-day) we all got up and went out to eat and my mom paid for all of us. And then she surprised me with a hotel so we spent the day swimming and giving each other pedicures. Later we went on a limo ride. It was very fun. (08/31/2007)

By BJ

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

I would set up poker tables and have a pool table or/and a ping pong table. Even maybe get those sumo suits and have those in your backyard! Definitely have food and everyone can just hang out! (09/16/2007)

By Hot Pink.

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

I turn 17 in a few days and I'm just having a few close mates and my brothers (and their gfs) over and having a BBQ. I'm going to have a pinata and play pass the parcel and all those sorts of games. Maybe hiring a jumping castle?! haha! (11/11/2007)

By Monique

Ideas For My 17th Birthday

My parents always have parties and we have a big white tent and for my sweet 16, I put the tent up had a bon fire and music, lights, and glow sticks. We all ended getting in a silly string fight. At like 12, we all went inside and watched a scary movie! It ended at like 1:00. I cant wait for my 17th. I wanna have a classy white and black party. (11/18/2007)

By collie