Ideas for "Cute Country" Themed Out Door Wedding

Any ideas for an outdoor wedding in September "Cute Country" themed?

By twinkletoes from Ft Worth, TX

Answers:

I have an idea for centerpieces I made for my daughter's wedding. Using a glue that works on glass, glue the bottoms of two rose-bowls together. After they dry, stand upright and glue a clear votive holder inside the top one. Make a shade out of gingham or calico by cutting a length of fabric about 2 1/2 or 3 times the circumference of the bowl and about 6 inches deep. Hem one long raw edge. Create a casing on the other edge big enough to run a 1/8 or 1/4 inch wide ribbon through. Join the two raw short edges and sew almost all the way to the top. Insert the ribbon (cut long enough to go around the top of the rose bowl and tie into a bow with about 3 or 4 inch tails) into the casing, gather casing and tie onto top rim of rosebowl. Add a votive candle and you have a cute country centerpiece. I used black net instead of the gingham for my daughter's wedding which was not country, but the person who gave me the idea had used it for a country theme. You might want to play with the amount of fabric you use for the shade, depending on how much fullness you want. (07/18/2010)

By gingerbronson

Serve lemonade in bottles, use brown kraft paper to cover the tables with and candles wrapped in lavender and twine. Use old doilies and white handkerchiefs for table decorations. Guests can write down good wishes on the paper tablecloths. Use canning jars for table bouquets, An arbor with vines and tulle bows would add some romance along with a photo session for every guest for a given price, this could be done by a family member with a printer set up right there; nice photo cards to place pictures into would be nice too. Croquet and horse shoe games for the guests and table fans for the ladies. Best wishes. (07/23/2010)

By yoder178

Use an old "shabby chic" door or doors for a backdrop for pictures. (08/03/2010)

By scrapbookworm