Ideas for a 16th Birthday Party

I'm 15 and I've wanted something cool for my 16th b-day ever since I was little, yet my parents are low on money. I turn 16 in December this year and I want something special that I will remember, but I can't think of anything at all. Can anyone give me an idea?

By Nelson from Fulton, NY

Ideas for a 16th Birthday Party

Congrats on being considerate of your parents, they are obviously doing something right. Has been awhile since my girls were sixteen but, we had a party at the roller rink one year. Everyone seemed to have a great time and wasn't that expensive. Another year we had one at a bowling alley at midnight. These may be old fashioned ideas but it will be as special as you make it. You don't always need to spend a ton of money to have fun.
Good luck! (09/08/2010)

By msburny

Ideas for a 16th Birthday Party

Hi Nelson,

My husband and I were in about the same situation as you say your parents are now, when our son turned 16. Mike had a part-time job and had saved up a little money on his own. He sent us a card through the mail inviting us to his own 16th Birthday and said he was having it at one of our favorite places, "Red Lobster".

We walked in and he was waiting for us at the front door. He had had the staff set up a table with flowers and an envelope on each of two plates. We sat down wondering where everyone else was or when they were coming, and he told us "This is it!" Just the 3 of us. I wouldn't even be here if it were not for the two of you, and I want to thank you for my life and all the love and care you've given me for the last 16 years. (He had forgotten all about the 9 months I'd lived like I'd swallowed a watermelon at age 37).

The cards were just pretty "Thank You" cards that he'd written out "Thank You Mom", and "Thank You Dad"

He had his 38th birthday on Aug. 11, but his 16th Birthday was definitely the one he'll always remember best, and so will Papa and me. Sometimes, it's not about what you want to get, but about something you'd like to give that makes a day to remember.

Just an idea for you to consider.

Pookarina (09/08/2010)

By PookaRina

Ideas for a 16th Birthday Party

We had mall scavenger hunt for one of my kids. You can find list of items to get online if you just key in mall scavenger hunt. The entertainment was free, the location was free, and we brought in our own cake. So, besides anything for loot bags, it is really cheap. I also had a couple of prizes for the top teams, like $5 Starbucks cards and most of the other stuff was picked up in the bargain bins or clearance racks.
Happy 16th. (09/09/2010)

By oneauthor2b

Ideas for a 16th Birthday Party

How about having a costume party? You could make it a themed party, or you could have your guests pick whatever costume they want to wear. You could also rent a movie, make lots of popcorn and have guests bring a snack for everyone to enjoy. Good luck and have fun! (09/09/2010)

By kitkatk100

A 16 year old girl holding a cake at her birthday with friends.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Girls
16th birthday cake.
16th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Cupcakes for a sweet 16 birthday party.
Sweet 16 Birthday Party Ideas