Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

Well, the FRUGAL Bride's mother has pulled off another wedding on a budget! I had less than 5 WEEKS to get-er-done and boy did we do it up right! But needless to say things are a little more costly when it comes to your only daughter! I must say that I surpassed the $600.00 wedding for my son and Daughter-in-law, but less than $1000.

This included all the accessories, a rehearsal Dinner and decorations, and Reception supplies, decorations and Food! The tables were gorgeous with 50 cent (ON SALE) small topiaries, silver plated votive cups and candles, sage green pillar candles in small fish bowls with clear marbles. The most extravagant item was a clear picture frame which said "Sweethearts Forever" which cost $2 a piece. Moms, It Can Be Done.

I bought things on sale from Dollar Tree Stores, Walmart, Dollar General Stores and Family Dollar Stores. And I made all the Bouquets, Baskets Corsages and Boutonnieres. Rehearsal Dinner was kept simple with an Italian theme. We served Lasagna, Spaghetti, Garlic breads, vegetable and pasta salad with puddings for dessert. Reception foods included: chicken salad, tuna salad on croissants and heart shaped finger sandwiches, pasta salads, cheese balls and crackers, and huge vegetable trays and cut up fruits in watermelon and cantaloupe baskets carved to hold the fruit. There was food enough for over 100 people with leftovers.

Cupcakes along with a three tier cake were a hit and actually only 1 and a half cake was cut by using cupcakes. Do I sound like I'm patting myself on the back? Yeah Buddy, and I am in debt to NO ONE. It's all been paid! I bet a lot of Mom's wish they could say the same!

By Sharon Shearer

Answers:

Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

I want to pat you on the back also for finding frugal ways to give your daughter a beautiful wedding. It can be done if people would just look (shop) around. Great things can be found at dollar stores. We bought a lot of our decorations, plates and napkins at a dollar store and containers for the food, mints, and balloons. And a few extras for fun at the reception. (05/23/2006)

By jmz2005

Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

Do you have any pictures? I'd love to actually see how great the food and tables looked. (05/23/2006)

By

Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

I have A daughter getting married in the next year. I would love to learn more from you. What a great gift to your daughter, and a lesson she can learn starting out. Great Job!(05/23/2006)

By Karen E

Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

I have to know how you did it! And when is your book coming out? I hope in time for my wedding next year. (06/11/2006)

By mtravick

Couple on their wedding day.
Planning a Frugal Wedding
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄