Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

I'm planning a wedding around Howard County, MD and would like any advice you can give on an inexpensive wedding. I'm also struggling with finding an inexpensive alterations expert. Thanks for your help.

By Janineco from Howard County, MD

Answers:

Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

At my first daughter's wedding we had a committee from our church provide food. They were so willing and it was their contribution gift. We bought silk flowers from a wholesaler and had a local seamstress make the bridesmaids dresses. You can also rent dresses just like tuxedos (lot's cheaper than buying what they won't wear again anyway).

My second daughter is getting married this October and we are making the candy guest treats ourselves, I made their invitations, I am making the punch and we will pick up flowers the day of the wedding from Kroger's or Sam's or some such big store and put bows on them and place them as bunches (not in vases) around the reception tables and area. You just don't have to spend and spend; even having just nuts and bridal candies or fruit and veggie plates is enough. The celebration is what it's all about. Congratulations and have fun. (09/19/2009)

By HalfWhit

Ideas for a Frugal Wedding

I cut back on a lot of the expensive decorations. Instead of buying too much tulle, I gathered cattails, grass, sticks, etc. and painted them. I placed bunches of these in areas that needed coverage.
I handmade my favors instead of buying them, which cut the cost down to 5 cents each.
I also, made gift baskets for all my wedding party as opposed to traditional gifts.

A lot of supplies can be picked up at yardsales and through trading sites.
People are not going to remember what colour your doilies were or if you had roses or daisies, they will remember if it was a good time or not. (09/24/2009)

By holygeez