BirthdayParties

Ideas for a Girl's 14th Birthday Party

I'm thinking of having a birthday party for my 14th, but I don't know what themes to do, or how to entertain my friends. I don't get birthday parties very often as my birthday is during the school holidays. I want my 14th to be the best birthday ever. Any ideas?

If you and your friends wear similar clothing and shoe sizes, you can host a swap where everyone brings 4-5 items of clothing (or shoes, purses, cell phone cases, backpacks etc.) and you swap. You could stage a runway so you can model what you are interested in swapping and everyone gets to try on and model their finds. Keep the modeling theme going by serving carrot and celery sticks, little tea sandwiches--bread cut into stars or circles, spread with lite cream cheese, and add a cucumber for example) and diet drinks served in pretty glasses. Be sure to splurge on a super fancy and pretty cake...homemade with lots of sparkly sugar on a buttercream icing are the best!

When my only granddaughter turned 13, we had a makeup party & fashion show slumber party. A few moms showed up with all their unused or dated makeup (most of us have a drawer full of wrong shades we will never wear). My son-in-law is Samoan/Hawaiian, so we collected lots of bright island fabric from family. Each Mom set up a "station" to do each girl: one did hair, one did makeup, one polished finger & toe nails, and one drew on temporary flower tattoos and tribal arm bands. After their makeovers, each girl was dressed in the fabric. The Samoan name is an "i'e (pronounced E-ya)" or "lava-lava". It's a rectangle of brightly colored, floral cloth that's wrapped around the body and tied so they'll fit any body. Some of the girls wore bathing suits or workout clothes underneath. Then the girls put silk flowers, or leis (from the $.99 store) in their hair or as necklaces. When they were dressed we had a fashion show! Then their Moms & this Grandma made island themed food but you could do anything like barbecue, hotdogs or finger foods. After eating they watched island themed movies: Moana, Lilo & Stitch, etc. (I don't know what else cuz I went to sleep!) My Granddaughter is 19 and says that was still her favorite birthday. The only cost is the decorations and food. Enjoy your big daily Sweetie, you'll never have another 14th birthday, so do it up!

All girls love a spa party

Will you be having a party with both boys and girls? If so hosting a bowling alley party or pool party would be fun!

Yes, it does depend on whether or not you're having boys over, too. All-girl spa during the day and pizza and movies at night.. that'd be so fun. If you're doing guys and gals, do karaoke at home. These days you don't even need huge karaoke equipment, just a smartphone or computer and some speakers. AND CAKE. LOTS OF CAKE. ;) Happy early birthday!!!

Indoor Bounce Houses are quite popular. The ones where you can jump all you want inside and there are obstacles and games you could play. Or dodgeball.