Identifying Small Black Bugs

Anyone know what this insect is? It's in my dining room and driving me crazy. I just noticed it yesterday, it doesn't have wings. I have vacuumed and mopped and am deep cleaning everything, but am still seeing some.

It looks like some kind of beetle. Put a few in a plastic bag and take it to a place that sells pesticides.

It looks like a silverfish to me. They like to hide out in damp and dark places. If you google them, you'll find several suggestions on how to get rid of them. Good luck!

Anonymous

If they keep appearing and I think they look like bed bugs. Aghhh. Get diascomatis earth and spread it all over the house. It dries up their bodies. Amazon sells it. Make sure it is food grade then it won't hurt you or your pets.

These are definitely not bed bugs and it is very bad for your health to spread diatomaceous all over your house. It is a food grade product but that only means it will not kill you if you ingest it. It is however, very dangerous to breath it in so you should only use it cracks and voids so it can not be stirred up when fans, air conditioners, heaters and vacuums can stir it up into the air. I usually compare it to baking flour. Yes you can eat it but do you really think it is safe to be breathing it in?

I agree it's definitely not bed bugs, I had my pest guy come out and spray for it 

the legs and antlers make me think it's a type of silverfish

Generally, control of pest beetles entails inspection of your plants and knowing what common beetle pests are in your area. Trap adults early in the season to identify and monitor pest populations before they become severe issues.

If you spot eggs laid on foliage or larvae actively feeding on foliage you can use a Neem Oil product to kill them before they hatch. Neem acts as a contact insecticide, so it has limited residual impact. Generalist Predators such as Ladybugs, Mantids, or Spined Soldier Bugs can also be released to control foliage feeding larvae.

If you see eggs or larvae that are on or within storage grains, you can use Diatomaceous Earth mixed with the grain; be sure to use food grade.

Controlling beetles is most effective when successful treatment of their immature stages is done. Manual removal of visible eggs and applications of Beneficial Nematodes to control larvae should be done early in the growing season before damage appears.