Identifying Tiny Bugs

There are hundreds of tiny dark bugs with stripes (about the size of a mite or a flea) on the floor next to our sliding glass door. They appear to be dead. About a week ago, I had the same situation and I cleaned them up. They are all over the floor again. I am trying to figure out what they are and where they are coming from. Does anyone know what they might be and what works to get rid of them?

By Sue

Answers:

Identifying Tiny Bugs

I can't think of what it is called, but your city should have an office that might be able to help you. This is the same office my father goes to for advise on what crops grow well in the area and what wildlife are around to hunt (and when best to hunt). I think the name has something to do with agriculture. Check your yellow pages and make some phone calls.

Another trick, which might be easier, is visit a local farmer and ask them. After all, they do nothing, but keep track of nature so they can get a good crop. (04/02/2010)

By Suntydt

Identifying Tiny Bugs

The government agency Suntydt may be referring to is the Department of Agriculture or possibly Lands and Forests. Your local government offices or library should be able to help you. (04/04/2010)

By thriftmeg