Identifying the Breed of Your Cat

Category Cats
Cat
Some many of us own mixed breed cats that we have rescued from shelters and off the street. Identifying your pet's breed can be tricky. This is a guide about identifying the breed of your cat.

I adopted this kitten back in October from the SSPCA after he had been abandoned. He has been put down as a Domestic Short Hair, but I think he has the look of a Siamese and wonder if he could be a mix? What do you think?

There is no way to know for sure without a DNA test. Unless you want to breed the cat, I would just love him for who he is and save the money.

I honestly don't see siamese. I think you have a domestic shorthair. Pretty cat.

I'm not going to breed him and I couldn't love him more, I just wondered if he was a mix Siamese as his ears and right side of his face seem to be balding, making him look more like one than before but it could just be that because he is pure white on his ears and face, his skin is showing through more.

I don't see any Siamese in him either. He is very handsome!

The common marks of the Siamese are the elongated face, longer ears, and of course the colouring. They often have blue eyes too. But the other super interesting thing about SIameses are their communicative style. They talk, yowl, yodel, really loudly - they are super awesome like that: https://www.you  ch?v=cUyt_GNrF1U

https://www.you  ch?v=E9kLvWlD0uw

Your cat's face COULD be the longer face of the Siamese, as well as the longish ears, though this might all fall back into proportion when he gets older. But, especially if he's very loud and insistent communicator, it's possible.

Yeah, my cat had a pointy face and huge ears when she was little, but just grew into them. Now her face is rounded.

Siamese tend to be loud and talkative, that's true. They also have dexterous paws.

I think this cat's paws seem normal. And he'll probably grow into the ears.

to me, hi ears look Siamese.. i have a kitty that is supposed to be 1/2 siamese .. she is somethingn else.. lol has quite a little attitude and i love her so .... siamese are m ore vocal also ....

I see my cats in him. They talk and really try to say things but not too much. they have a stiff back and really use those hind feet. They are powerful runners and not much into climbing. I think they have Main-coon blood in them but they are short haired. They bring use much joy with their funny ways.

I have a kitten and I'm pretty sure she's part Siamese or fully I'm not sure though. She has the blue eyes and markings of one.

She looks like a seal point Siamese mixed with a fluffy something!

Thank you! I was trying to find what type of Siamese she could be. Her mother abounded her and her siblings so I never saw her or the dad.

She appears to have long hair, so she may be Himalayan. I cant see her paws, but if they are white she may be a Birman.

She has black/grey paws.

Wow saw the breed and I can see similarities :o she could be that!

Anonymous

Balinese

What type of cat is my baby, Nina?

Nina is a lovely Siamese with red (flame) points.

I thought she was I just didnt know if she was a mix or not?

Why does her eyes stay so yucky? I clean them every day! I even got her meds for them and they still are yucky! Is that just her type breed that makes them do that??

What Siamese mix is my cat?

I'm not sure, but I think your cat is what they call a "Lilac point Siamese". Perhaps googling cat breeds would help.

I meant to add that your cat is very pretty, and looks very sweet. Good luck with your cat!

Maybe go to the vet and ask them??

I have 3 cats we've rescued from here, there, and everywhere. I can't seem to figure out any breeds for them. Where can I find this information?

By *Lib* from Houston, TX

Anonymous

You can click on each cat breed for a larger photo view and find out details about the breed to be sure you've chosen the correct breed to identify your cats:

http://en.wikip  st_of_cat_breeds

Keep in mind that the majority of the time cats will be a mixture of breeds unless they are pedigreed.

Ok, thanks! I'm more than 150% sure they are not pedigreed. I rescued each one from the parking lot at my apartments in the rain, cold or after some of the neighborhood kids terrorized them. I'm sure they are mutts! Thanks for your help!

For 2 years now, I have been trying to figure out what breed my cat is. I know it is a Siamese mix, but I do not know with what. His mom or dad had black just like three of his siblings, except his sister, who looked just like him. So, what breed is my cat?

Your cat looks like he has genes from siamese (lilac point) and tabby (the stripes) Very pretty cat. Also it is possible for kittens in the same litter from the same mother to have different fathers. So sibs can be very different.