Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

Reuse decorated empty food cans as vertical space saving storage to organize. Remove labels, wash cans and let dry, choose a peel and stick paper that matches your theme, and cover your cans.

If it isn't exactly what you want, decorate it with markers or something else. Use a nail to make a hole to fit the nail you intend to use to hang your can(s). Choose a handy location. Start hanging your cans at the bottom of the space you choose and work upwards, making sure you leave enough space between cans.

Fill with items you use often, but don't want in drawers taking up space or causing clutter.

I chose a tiny unused space in my laundry room in a corner. I covered my cans with inexpensive wood grain peel and stick and repeated a leaf pattern on all with a paint pen. I placed the fattest can at the bottom and then the next size and so on, with the smallest can on top. As you can see there isn't equal space in between the cans.That's because I use them for craft sticks, bamboo, other wood sticks, crochet hooks and other items which are different sizes.

Also, it was best for me to use a nail smaller than the hole in the can, so that I can easily remove and replace the can to get my items out with no trouble.

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

Answers:

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

Love your unique and thrifty tip - thumbs up! (12/02/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

What a wonderful idea! I have a tiny home office that doesn't have much room for shelves or other storage solutions but I need to put my office supplies some place handy. The cans are perfect for pens, pencils, highlighters, ruler, etc. I'm thinking maybe a Spam-type can would work for stickynote pads. I'd love to have these small supplies up and off my desk and this will work beautifully. Thank you, Melody! (12/02/2010)

By SavingGrace

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

What a great idea. Good job on decorating them and recycling too! I think I might do this in my craft room too. Thanks for sharing. (12/02/2010)

By keeper60

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

This looks really good. Thanks for the idea.
(12/02/2010)

By jehosophat jones

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

Love the idea! I especially loved the way you painted and decorated the cans. Can't wait to try it myself! (12/03/2010)

By linex_4

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

That is awesome. (12/03/2010)

By Ivy Wall

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

I like that you whimsically decorated your electrical panel. ;-) (12/20/2010)

By Deeli

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

Deeli, Ivy Wal, linex_4, jehosophat jones, keeper60 and JustPlainJo, thanks! I'm so glad you like the idea and some of you have plans to improve on this one with uses of your own !

SavingGrace

I am wondering about colorful golf tees on the pegboard. I don't have any (where I know where they are right now, possible a couple floating around here some place) if they would fit the pegboard holes? That would be cool or other common items; saved wooden sticks from restaurant corn-on-the-cob for instance?

Someone should let us know!

I'd imagine there are several items that could be utilized in place of the standard hardware store hooks. (01/04/2011)

By melody_yesterday

Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

I picked up 2 more rolls of the woodgrain peel-stick at the store this past week. Seems this stuff is too wonderful to live without when it comes to using it for storage cans or giving little candy treats and so on to the letter carriers!

I use that same leaf pattern all through my house. and if anyone wants a pattern made of this leaf, send me a SASE (message me where to send it) and I will cut you one. It will be the inner piece + the outer stencil shape
made from household recycled cardboard empties. or if you want it cut from a specific piece of paper, like scrap booking paper or lightweight card stock, you can send it to me SASE, and I will return the die cut product (no cans or heavier than stated please).

I have reused this in several projects: wooden craft boxes, bags, notebook covers and will always have a use for it. Let me know!

Using 2 more cans decorated the same way in the laundry room, handy for items left in pockets!
(fabric from thrift shop) (01/04/2011)

By melody_yesterday

RE: Imaginative Wall Storage Ideas

Screws stored in a compartment tray.
Creative Storage Ideas
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Bag aquarium.
Making a Ziplock Garden or Aquarium
🎄