Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

We are tearing up the dirty carpet in our family room. It has a concrete slab under it. I was thinking of painting it and putting a throw rug down till we can afford nice carpet. Any other ideas out there on what to do with concrete flooring? Ideas are so appreciated.

By wacky camper

Answers:

Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

I've seen on home decorating shows that the concrete floors are stained, then sealed so they aren't dusty. I'm sure you could find out how this is done in Home Depot or Lowes. (03/23/2010)

By OliveOyl

Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

My one concern is comfort. If this is a heavily traveled area, you might be better with a good padding and carpet. (03/23/2010)

By Allison5

Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

Look on You Tube. the videos are pretty detailed and get the mind going to come up with some great ideas. enter concrete floors and cement floors even enter cement counter tops has great ideas. It shows how it is done. I am going to be doing my own floors too. Best of luck! (03/25/2010)

By chuck j

Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

I know someone who did this with their living/family/dining room and hallway-a large area of floor. They used a reddish toned dark brown stain that looked like they used a rag to swirl it on. They put a good sealer on it,threw down an area rug in front of the couch and the results were just beautiful and elegant looking! Durable too, I know it had been down at least 10 years when I met them!

I've also seen pictures of really cool concrete floors painted to look like tile,brick,rock,etc.Directions all over the internet. Just keep in mind, concrete floors will make your home colder in the winter. And anyone who falls will get hurt,my mom fell on a concrete floor 25 yrs ago and suffered a severe head injury that has had lasting mental and physical damage. (03/25/2010)

By lyonpridej

Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

Acid staining or using a concrete dye would give you a very unique look. Polishing the concrete would be another great choice. A thin concrete overlay 3/8 inch would allow you to have a colored and stamped concrete floor of your choice. All these choices are very low maintenance and can be high gloss or have a low sheen. (04/16/2010)

By Creteexpert

RE: Indoor Concrete Floor Finishes

Trowel painting of concrete floor
Indoor Concrete Floor Finish Ideas
An old painted concrete floor.
Painting Concrete Floors
Stained Concrete Floor
Staining Concrete Floors
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
🎉
🎄