Inexpensive Furniture at Yard Sales

I have been able to get some great deals on furniture at yard sales! You really have to shop around because at one sale you may see a kitchen/dining room type chair for $12 and the next place something similar will be just $2. Chairs with damaged straw seats can be used outside as a planter. Just replace the straw with window screen (in a bowl shape), cover the screen with newspaper, fill with dirt and plant.

My best recent deal was a bedroom suite (single canopy bed, large desk with a shelf unit, desk chair, 3 small chests and a full length mirror with stand). It is an older set, solid wood and has pretty painted flowers. One of the chests is in my living room and I have gotten loads of compliments. I also got the quilt bedspreads thrown in and it was all just $60! I've been to yard sales where just the bed has been $60 so you have to be patient and shop around. Good luck junking!

By Ann

Inexpensive Furniture at Yard Sales

Chairs with damaged seats can also have a piece of wood cut to fit. Use batting and fabric and recover, and there you go! Cottage or country decor seats and looks cute at a wooden table, all different styles (04/02/2008)

By KimmyLynn

Inexpensive Furniture at Yard Sales

Thanks for the chair ideas. I need ALL new furniture. I had everything I own stolen from a rental truck. It is hard starting over at my age, but I have had some fun at yard sales too and some great buys. Also, Craig's List is a great place to "shop". Lots of older, good quality wooden furniture. (06/23/2008)

By mulberry204

Inexpensive Furniture at Yard Sales

I bought my outdoor furniture (table/4 chairs/umbrella and stand) for well under $100 - it was brand new - owner was relocating for his job and wanted it all gone. Plus the seller threw in all his planters, a few plants and helped me load it into my car for several trips. I still have the outdoor furniture 10 years later just starting to show signs of wear. =)

I have bought chairs for $1 each that the seller laughed at me saying don't sit on it! I used it to 'practice' my decorative painting stills and I fixed the chair as well as the screws just needed tightening. Now it is is showpiece in my home that everyone sits on and compliments me on!

By dvg

Buying Furniture at Yard Sales
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
painting furniture
Making Old Furniture Look New