Inexpensive Kids' Craft Ideas

Kid's Craft Ideas

Most kids love to craft, so keeping supplies and project ideas on hand is a good idea for impromptu activities. This is a guide about inexpensive kid's craft ideas.

Solutions: Inexpensive Kids' Craft Ideas

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Beans and Pasta For Children's Crafts

When I was a Girl Scout Brownie troop leader, our little troop didn't have much money to spend on supplies for the "making art" segment of the meetings. One of the ideas that I came up with was not only very thrifty, but ended up being one the favorites.

I bought a few bottles of Elmer's white glue, a 1 lb. bag of dried beans, and 3 packages of different shapes and colors of dried pasta. I also purchased a ream of multi-colored construction paper. Each girl brought an oversized old shirt from home (most were one of Dad's old tee shirts) - this solved the problem of messing up their uniforms.

We covered the table with newspaper for easy clean up, put all of the supplies in the middle of the table, and they made beautiful works of art. We expanded this theme by adding in fabric, buttons, ribbon, etc. The possibilities are endless.

By Jacklyn from Victorville, CA

Initial Canvas

Initial Canvas

My son made this as a gift for his sister. This is a very easy kids' project and would make a great Mother's day or Father's day gift. With just a few supplies they can make a custom gift that will surely be cherished for years. The possibilities are endless to personalize a similar project.

• acrylic paints
  • paper mache letter
  • canvas
  • paint brush
  • hot glue gun
  • glitter, optional
  • glow-in-the-dark paints, optional
  • embellishments, optional

1. Paint the canvas and allow to dry.
  2. Paint and decorate the letter and allow to dry.
  3. Glue the letter onto the canvas. Enjoy!

By lalala... [679]

Share Your Treasure Ship

sailing ship on the ocean painted on paper plateThis craft would work for any sea or ship-themed program or party. I used it for preschoolers at Vacation Bible School. You could use it with primaries, letting them cut out their own project.

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!