Inexpensive Kids' Craft Ideas

Most kids love to craft, so keeping supplies and project ideas on hand is a good idea for impromptu activities. This is a guide about inexpensive kid's craft ideas.

April 7, 2015 Flag

My son made this as a gift for his sister. This is a very easy kids' project and would make a great Mother's day or Father's day gift. With just a few supplies they can make a custom gift that will surely be cherished for years. The possibilities are endless to personalize a similar project.

• acrylic paints
  • paper mache letter
  • canvas
  • paint brush
  • hot glue gun
  • glitter, optional
  • glow-in-the-dark paints, optional
  • embellishments, optional

1. Paint the canvas and allow to dry.
  2. Paint and decorate the letter and allow to dry.
  3. Glue the letter onto the canvas. Enjoy!

May 17, 2011 Flag

When I was a Girl Scout Brownie troop leader, our little troop didn't have much money to spend on supplies for the "making art" segment of the meetings. One of the ideas that I came up with was not only very thrifty, but ended up being one the favorites.

I bought a few bottles of Elmer's white glue, a 1 lb. bag of dried beans, and 3 packages of different shapes and colors of dried pasta. I also purchased a ream of multi-colored construction paper. Each girl brought an oversized old shirt from home (most were one of Dad's old tee shirts) - this solved the problem of messing up their uniforms.

We covered the table with newspaper for easy clean up, put all of the supplies in the middle of the table, and they made beautiful works of art. We expanded this theme by adding in fabric, buttons, ribbon, etc. The possibilities are endless.

By Jacklyn from Victorville, CA

This is a brilliant, creative, and economical idea for crafts. It has my vote as "The Best Craft Idea for 2011" As Jackie from Victorville mentioned...Girl scout troop leaders and parents can provide a fun and entertaining project for these girls that will occupy their time and keep them out of trouble. Boys would probably find this entertaining as well. Jackie from Victorville, you have my vote!

June 29, 2010 Flag

This craft would work for any sea or ship-themed program or party. I used it for preschoolers at Vacation Bible School. You could use it with primaries, letting them cut out their own project.

sailing ship on the ocean painted on paper plate

Crafts Crafts For KidsMarch 4, 2013
Two girls eating pizza.
Kid Friendly Recipes
Craft Foam Purses
Making Craft Foam Purses
Photo of felt mittens.
Making Felt Mittens
Kids Craft Using Cardboard Boxes
Kid Craft Ideas Using Cardboard Boxes