Inexpensive Raised Beds

Here's a compact raised bed with rich soil that has been "built" over 8 years of composting. The bed is made of pine logs felled for fire protection. The frame holds wire to keep the deer out. The gardener is celebrating the lovely soil that has been developed. The hat is a rhubarb leaf.

By Wyncia from Boulder, CO

Inexpensive Raised Beds

I think I will try that in my yard. I am recycling everything in my garden this year, margarine bowls, felled branches, large rocks painted white, but I might change it to Red, White, and Blue; seeds from tomatoes and watermelons and etc. When I go to restaurants I keep the seeds and plant them later. I recycled venetian blinds for plant markers. Thanks for the tip. (06/18/2009)

By Robyn Fed

wood framed garden bed
Building Raised Beds
stack of railroad ties
Using Railroad Ties for Raised Vegetable Beds
Several raised garden beds full of lush plants
Making a Raised Bed Vegetable Garden
multicolored flowerbed on a lawn
Preventing Weeds in Flower Beds
Gardening in Raised Beds
Gardening in Raised Beds