Inexpensive Wedding Favor Ideas

A small reminder of your special occasion doesn't have to cost much. This guide contains inexpensive wedding favor ideas.

May 5, 2008 Flag

Our son is getting married this July. (2008) Does anyone have any ideas for wedding reception table decorations/favors? We've done the Hershey Kiss long stemmed roses and personalized fortune cookies with our own fortunes. Since we'd like to do 300 or more, we'd like them to be affordable but memorable.

I'd like people to leave the wedding saying, did you see what they did for Tobey's wedding? Or that was the cutest thing I've ever seen for a wedding favor. Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Sandie from Curtice, OH

We are handing our CFL light bulbs with a note attached saying "Weve found the light of our lives, here's one for you!" Our wedding has a very eco friendly twist to it, and who CAN'T use a CFL? I want my guests to use the bulb to save some energy, save some money, and every time they turn it on I want them to think "haha lightbulb from the wedding!"--

My mother in law hates the idea, says it is too preachy and too hardcore eco friendly. But we love it!We thought about tree saplings, but then if people don't plant them and they die, that's a total waste of a tree!

For my wedding we are making chocolates and then donating money to a charity that is close to us. Just a heads up 70% of all favours are either left behind or thrown out unless edible. So why not just save the money and give everyone a yummy snack with a tag saying thank you and telling them that a donation has been made in their honour. :-)

My daughter is going to have a candy station at her wedding. I am hoping it goes over well. Then she is putting a frame in the middle with a saying "how sweet it is to be loved by you". That way they can choose what candies they do like, but I do like all the unique ideas so far.

How about little bottles of bubbles? I just purchased some for my daughter's reception. I was able to buy 8 bottles in a box for only a $1.00 at the Dollar Store. I also bought at the Dollar Store monogrammed letters to stick unto the bottles.

January 9, 2008 Flag

I am helping with table favors for a friend's wedding. Originally there were supposed to be about 100 guests, now it looks like it may be 200+. Any ideas? The colors are pink, white, and black.

Debbie from Shallotte, NC

my FH and i are making cds for everyone we got 250 cds on sale and at the dollar store we got the envolpes for them 20 for a 1.00 and silver paper that we will print the song titles on and cover the little window they will be about .80 cents a favour we are also going to put a thank you letter inside. My sister inlaw had a great idea for hers she made little pouchs of dry ranch dip mix, bbq steak rub and mexican seasoning, you could also do hot chocolate or hot apple cider mix with a cinnmon stick. I have also received little stater evergreen trees ours is at home and growing in a cute little clear vase and i think of the fun we had at the wedding each time i see it we plan to plant the tree this spring

You could buy these mini champagne glasses (144 for 18 bucks) and fill with jordan almonds 100-120 for around 6 bucks and wrap with tulle or just leave plain. This site I found has tons of super cheap favors for other ideas. http://www.save-on-crafts.com/clearplascha.html

I plan on giving out lotto tickets as favors at my wedding - I found a site that makes envelopes small enough to hold lotto tickets:

http://www.jampaper.com/Envelopes/TinyEnvelopes

I'll also use the envelopes as place cards (pinned to a corkboard)

Also, I've noticed a lot of couples making donations to a favorite charity in honor of their wedding guests. No one would know or ask how much you're donating so you could easily donate just $50 or $75. You then make up small (5X7) cards informing guests about the donation.

My other thoughts were to wrap boxes of Whitman's Sampler chocolates in pretty paper and ribbon, or buy those little squares of Ghiraradelli chocolates and put them in little organza pouches that you can buy at any craft store.

Hope that helps!

My daughter used clear plastic tubes (purchased online), then filled them with candy that matched her color scheme. Good & Plenty and licorice would be pretty for your pink, black & white scheme. Glue a pink or white silk flower on the tube cap.

May 29, 2005 Flag

Can any one share with me a very cheap nice wedding reception gift for guests on tables?

Linda

I purchased 2.5" clear plastic heart boxes at $2.99/dz online (balloons galore) along with favor tags from Oriental trading co at 144 for $1.29. Have mini wedding conversation hearts for fill at $5.95 for 280 hearts. Found ribbon for 99 cents a roll and made bows w/ mini silver metallic hearts glued on (actually confetti) How much easier could it be!

Back in the day, the usual wedding guest favor was a small net bag of rice, tied with a bow. You can make these up for pennies, tie pretty bows, and attach little notes. I'm sure most guests would have the good sense to know that they're just favors, and they wouldn't untie them and scatter rice all over the place.

go to www.myjewelryonline.com We ordered custom made crystal jewelry and it was CHEAP!!!! The gal who made the necklaces was so nice. My daughter gave each bridesmaid a necklace to match the dresses as well as earrings. I also ordered Christmas gifts from her to match outfits I bought. She does a great job. Her website is not updated (just checked) but call her at the number on her site and she does call you back if you get her answering machine. I see the gals from the wedding wearing the jewelry quite a bit since the wedding!

I'm sure you could find something at my website. www.tandltreasures.com

I also make inexpensive personalized labels for your champagne or sparkling juice bottles and personalized labels for wedding bubbles. I would love to assist you in your plans.

March 31, 2006 Flag

I am looking for ideas for wedding favors, novel ideas, and ofcourse, within the bride's budget. I know your readers have great experience in sharing their novel ideas.

Thanks,
Nancy from Denham Springs, LA

"A spoonful of kisses from the new Mr. & Mrs." What you need: Hershey Kisses, they make many varieties & color wrappers at the holidays; Plastic spoon, the kind for picnics, any color; Bridal tulle (fine netting), any color; Thin ribbon, fabric or curly ribbon, any color; Home-printed tag. On the bowl of the spoon place two Hershey Kisses w/ the flat ends together, cover w/ tulle & tie with ribbon around the bottom of the handle of the spoon. Attach the tag w/ the same ribbon also. Yummy & cute, especially when done in the wedding colors or all white w/ silver kisses.

http://budget101.com/weddings.htm

Instead of throwing rice or bird seed. I suggest heart shaped "sprinkles", they can be bought in bulk.

This is a simple idea but your friends and relatives will love it. Get some non copyrighted pictures taken of you and your fiancee. Make copies and put them on the tables as favors. You can get the color pictures changed into black and white or sepia toned prints.

If you like to scrapbook you could come up with some very attractive paper frames.

September 28, 2006 Flag

Can anyone tell me where to find cheap wedding favors? Silver color preffered.

Omayra from NY

I just got married 3 weeks ago - definitely on a budget. Might I suggest you not worry about wedding favors? People aren't coming to your event to get a parting gift, most people take a party favor home 'to be polite' only to throw it away. I would put whatever you budgeted for favors toward beautiful center pieces or have napkins printed up w/ your new initials that could then be used for drinks or cake and if you have any left over, you could use them for your next event at home.

HI....

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding !!!!

My friend's daughter used heart shaped cookie cutters. She bought them at her local craft store and then cut heart shaped cardstock and printed their name/date on it and then tied it to the cookie cutter with ribbon that matched the wedding colors. They were very cute & inexpensive....

I hope this helps...

Sherri

Buy bags of silver hershy kisses in bulk - then also buy as many white plastic spoons per guest. You will also need White or whatever color tulle you would like - take two kisses and put on spoon and cover and tie with a ribbon and print up a small business size or so card saying the following " Hugs and Kisses from the New Mr. and Mrs." I hope you get the just of this. Good luck and congratulations early!

thank you all for your suggestions

October 17, 2006 Flag

Inexpensive Wedding Favors ideas. I am wondering if anyone has any good inexpensive (of course), not too time consuming, and fun ideas for wedding favors?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Weddings PlanningJuly 16, 2013
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A fancy cookie wedding favor.
Edible Wedding Favor Ideas
pile of M&Ms
M&M Wedding Favor Ideas
🎉
🎄