Inexpensive Wedding Reception Venues in New Jersey

My daughter will be getting married in two years. She would like an inexpensive, yet tasteful, outdoor (or indoor) wedding reception. She would like to invite whole families, so there will be many children and about 300 people. Does anyone know of any venues in NJ?

Terri from East Brunswick, NJ

I'm getting married this year and I found it to be so difficult to find an inexpensive wedding venue that's still elegant. I was going to rent starlight dance studio in Nutley, or the women's club in Ridgewood. Both are $2,000 to rent, but I decided to go with the Grand Chalet in Wayne.

The guy there (Bill Carlson) was so nice. He made us a package for 120-150 guests for a sit-down dinner costing $35pp (no alcohol). Beautiful place too! Definitely give it a try. I told him my budget was $5,000, so for 120 people it comes up to $4,200. He can definitely customize it to fit your budget. (01/25/2009)

By Mary

A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Wedding Punch Recipes
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas