Information About An Antique Fiddle

How would I find information on an antique violin with very distinctive markings?

For example, there is an eagle inlaid on the back of the violin surrounded by 31 inlaid stars. There is a mark (I think I have this right...) on the underside of the (maybe rosewood) fret board. The word (name?) PANPI is on the intricately carved piece that the strings fall across on their way up to the frets.

As you may have guessed, I am not the musician in the family. This possibly well over 100 year old fiddle belongs to my talented son-in-law.

Joan from Dilley, TX

Information About An Antique Fiddle

There are violin/fiddle websites on line that you can go to for information about your instrument. I checked out a violin that I had inherited that way. Not too valuable, but it helped to evaluate it. (05/27/2008)

By pamphyila

Information About An Antique Fiddle
Antique China Cups and Saucers
Uses for Antique China
Antique wood three drawer table and upholstered side chair.
Cleaning Antique Wood Furniture
A table filled with antique nicknacks.
Starting an Antique Business