Ink Off Suede Jacket

I have an unlined "dry clean only" suede jacket with ball point ink lines on it (drawn by a toddler). Professional cleaners in my area don't believe they could get it out. Please help. Thanks!

Ink Off Suede Jacket

If the pros won't try to tackle it you should try hairspray or Armor All. Just spray hairspray (the cheap kind in a can) on the stain and wipe it off with a clean rag. (08/15/2004)

By Anne H.

Ink Off Suede Jacket

I saw on this site that Rubbing Alcohol would take ink out of a suede jacket. I tried it and amazingly it worked almost immediately. Just thought I'd let you know so that you can try it yourself! (10/22/2004)

By Brianna

Ink Off Suede Jacket

I just bought a white suede coat and when I got it home I noticed an ink spot on the sleeve. It was the last one they had in my size, so I tried rubbing alcohol as suggested below, and it worked GREAT!

Thanks! (11/30/2005)

By Kerri

Ink Off Suede Jacket

My wife has a white suede jacket that had a ink stain on the front and rubbing alcohol took it out right away with just some light rubbing with a cotton ball. What a lifesaver! (12/03/2005)

By Scott

Ink Off Suede Jacket

Rubbing alcohol with a cotton cloth worked at getting ink stains off my suede car seat...thanks for the advice! (05/28/2006)

By Sarah

Ink Off Suede Jacket

I tried both suggestions. First, I used a cottonball with rubbing alcohol and then wiped with a Viva papertowel. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then I dried it on cold with my blowdryer. That got a good amount of the stain out. For the remaining stain, I used a new emory board and it cleared it right up. Thanks for the advice!!! (10/27/2007)

By Jennifer

Ink Off Suede Jacket

I got green ballpoint pen ink the size over the size of a quarter and my couch is beige, I was about to cry! Luckily I found this on google! I first used a wet paper towel towel to get most of the ink out of my couch, then I got my hair dryer on low and dried it while rubbing a dry paper towel over it in circles. Got the rubbing alcohol rubbed it on the stain and blow dried it with the dry paper towel and if you have rings use a q-tip! (01/04/2008)

hi all, i just wanted to know what sort of 'alcohol' people were using. Currently my beloved tan suede skirt has black ball point pen all over it (grr!). Do I use: alcohol hand gel, or hairspray or windex?

it is proper suede, not microsuede as some couches are etc.

Thanks - Lottie

Ink Off Suede Jacket
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather