Ink On a Leather Couch

How do you remove ink from a leather couch?

By Sid from Australia

Answers:

Ink On a Leather Couch

Removing ink from leather is not a cleaning problem. Most ink removal products will not work simply because of the length of time the ink has been on the leather. Ink is a dye and has re-coloured the leather (this is what it is meant to do).

The longer the ink has been on the leather the harder it is to remove because it soaks into the finish. Once it has soaked into the finish you have to use very strong products to remove it, which will also remove finish and pigment which then need replacing. Hope this helps! (03/20/2010)

By hannahmallory23

Ink On a Leather Couch

I had a blue ink mark on my cream leather sofa, bummer! But then I read your hairspray post and tried it. It worked. I made a little pool by pushing the leather down in the area and sprayed until it was full, let is stand for a few seconds and then used a white rag and my fingernail to gently "scrub" it off. It was completely gone after about 4 soak and scrubs. I buffed the whole sofa with my leather CPR and it looks brand new again.

Thanks a bunch, Hannahmallory23. Great advice. (03/24/2010)

By nineofnine

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄