Ink Stains on Clothing

I just washed and dryed a white dress shirt that had a blue inked pen in the pocket. Any tried and true ways of removing the ink?

Cindy from Ontario Canada

Ink Stains

The best way to get out ink stains is to put rubbing alcohol on the stain before washing. (02/08/2005)

By Brenda Cole

Ink Stains From Clothing

If you have an article of clothing that has ink stain on it, don't throw it away. Just use a little aerosol hairspray to get the stain out. Just spray it on, rub with a stiff cloth, and launder as you normally would.

By Robin (10/27/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Ink Stains on Clothing

Make a paste of oxyclean, soak in hot water overnight, then wash the next day with oxyclean and detergent. I did a whole load of clothes with a gel pen, and this saved me! (10/27/2005)

Ink Stains on Clothing

I don't know about white purses but i know on white shoes i have used finger nail polish remover to remove the black scuff marks that you get on white shoes and it works great, (not on patent leather) if it works for shoes it might work for your purse. Good luck and happy cleaning! (10/27/2005)

By Connie

Ink Stains on Clothing
Removing Ink Stains from Clothing
Removing Ink Stains from Clothing
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather