Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

How do I get ink out of my clothes after they have been through the dryer?

By Angelia from MS

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Once it has been dried in it is pretty tough, but try spraying with hairspray and rinsing with cold water.
Good luck. :) (08/18/2010)

By CraftCycler

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

Pour some rubbing alcohol on to the stain and rub. Repeat if necessary. This always works, even with Sharpie. If you get a stain "ghost", prewash with Fels-Naphta soap, my favorite pre-treater, it works wonders on deodorant stains, too. Just follow directions on the package. Soaking overnight in OxiClean (about 3 scoops per soak in about 1/3 of bucket of warm water) is very good, too. (08/18/2010)

By dilly

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

That will be hard. Fingernail polish with acetone in it, this may get it out. You can dye the material if you don't want to get rid of it. (08/21/2010)

By sickandsexy

Ink on Clothes that Have Been Dried

I ran a load of clothing with a Foray roller liquid pen. It broke apart in the wash splattered ink all over my sports shirts and clothing.

I did not see it until after I removed them from the dryer. I took a can of large can of hair spray that I got at CVS and sprayed all the ink spots really good. Then I placed it in the wash with liquid detergent and guess what, they all disappeared. I mean every spot was gone. Try it! (08/22/2010)

By lancer2010

Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 5:14:40 PM on 10.0.0.140 in 871 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.