Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

My cleaning girl washed an entire load of laundry and dried it in the dryer missing the ink pen that broke all over the laundry. I need a soak of some sort to get the ink out of the load of laundry consisting of cotton dress shirts. I have tried to spot treat some of the stains with alcohol, toothpaste, Dawn dish detergent, and hairspray.

Nothing is working. And even if it did, it would take forever to spot treat each stain. Can someone give me a remedy to this dilemma? I really love these shirts.

By Gail from Coral Springs, FL

Answers:

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

I had that happen once to a white nursing uniform and Carbona formula for ink got it out with a lot of work. I find it in the dye section of the supermarket. It has worked for me 50% of the time so I guess it depends on the ink itself, but with the white uniform it took several applications. It looked brand new when I was done. (03/24/2009)

By momma2many

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

Buy Goo Gone from Target, this is my life saver. My husband is a police officer and is always washing and drying his clothes with not only pens, but gum too. This has never failed for me. I spray on the Goo Gone and leave it for about 10 minutes, then I wash it. You may have to do this more than once.

This has even worked on washed and dried laundry with thick ink stains. Like I said, it may take more than once and a little scrubbing, but if I had not discovered Goo Gone my husband would have ruined hundreds of dollars of clothes by now. Oh, I forgot to mention Goo Gone also gets out the chap stick my husband washes in the laundry too. So it works for oil stains, chap stick, and washed and dried on ink stains. Good luck. (03/30/2009)

By rudolf13

Ink on Clothes that Have Dried

Wow, unbelievable. I tried everything to get out dried ink on my new cranberry, cotton red shortie jacket. It was expensive and I just about cried. The fingernail polish remover with acetone worked. It didn't even take any color out. Thanks.

From Polly (08/01/2009)

By leslie-caron

Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 19, 2016 at 10:56:03 PM on 10.0.0.130 in 986 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.