Ink on Faux Leather

My daughter wrote on both of our brand new dark brown faux leather couches with blue ink. I was told to use hairspray to remove the ink and when I did so I created a huge patch that is now very visibly discolored and dull. How do I repair this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

By vvetrone from Niagara Falls, Canada

Answers:

Ink on Faux Leather

If your faux leather is of the shiny smooth variety I have an idea for you. I would try to test this on an inconspicuous spot before proceeding. My daughter wrote on my leather couches with permanent marker and I used a Magic Eraser and it worked wonderfully.

Use a corner and try to go over the ink line to rub the pen out. Then use a leather conditioner to help shine it up afterwards. If the hair spray damage still shows, you might try using a matching shoe polish color to help cover it up, but be sure to buff it out well so it doesn't come off on your clothes. Good luck. (05/20/2009)

By GinaGriffin

Ink on Faux Leather
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
Permanent Marker
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from Leather
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄