Inmate Information Codes

What does the disposition code "SP4" mean on the inmate information search on the lasd.org website (Los Angeles Sheriff's Department)? I read that it could mean state prison four years or supervised probation, but I am not sure which one it could be.

By jazzy774 from Pasadena, CA

Answers:

Inmate Information Codes

Well in the sites FAQ it says ( for sp3 not sp4 ):

Q: What does the code SP3 mean next to a case?

A: SP3 means that there was a sentence to State Prison and all the inmate's paperwork has been processed and he/she waiting for transportation to the Department of Corrections. Once the inmate has left County jail, the release information section will show the date and time they were sent.

So, I assume SP4 is just another level of documentation. I'd be willing to bet that since SP3 means they are in transportation stage that SP4 means they are transferred and set where they are going. (07/21/2009)

By Becca25

Inmate Information Codes

The best way to get an accurate answer is to telephone the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department and ask them. (07/18/2009)

By Deeli

Inmate Information Codes

It generally means sexual predator 4 which is pretty bad here in Oregon. But yes, do ask or see if there is a legend you can look up. Good luck. (07/18/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Inmate Information Codes

SP4 means on his way to State Prison. Sorry. I googled it. I put in the google.com line. "SP4 in Los Angeles County Jail system" and that is what it told me.

(07/18/2009)

By islandsage

Top Comment

Sp, Sp3, Sp4 are all codes to the paper work filed by the county and prison. Sp3 paper work already filed and sent to the prison. So the inmate is waiting on the approval of the state or federal prison's. Sp4 paperwork already accepted and the inmate will be transferred out at anytime.