Installing A Digital Converter Box

I installed a digital TV converter box on my TV which has a rabbit ears antenna. I do not receive the quality of picture and the quantity of stations I had before installation. I keep getting the message "No Signal". Has anyone else had this problem? If I need a new antenna, does anyone have a recommendation for best reception?

Angelna from Glendale, CA

Answers:

Installing A Digital Converter Box

Keep in mind that most digital channels are broadcast on UHF, so using rabbit ears alone usually won't get you the best reception. We are using a combined VHF/UHF antenna we picked up at Radio Shack for about $16 and are very pleased with the reception (more channels and much better quality that our old cable signal). Thanks and good luck. (07/10/2008)

By Amy

Installing A Digital Converter Box

When we hooked up our converter box, we had the same problem so we called the company (Panasonic). The gentleman we talked to said that because most channels are not broadcast digitally yet, we wouldn't receive them with our box. Once all channels are broadcast digitally, those with the boxes will be able to receive those channels. (07/11/2008)

By TxSavr

Installing A Digital Converter Box

My husband the electronics guru says that this is the best antenna out there to do what you want to do. We use it and it works very well. I am not connected in any way to amazon or the antenna company. I just have a husband who lives and breathes this stuff. It is a Philips Silver Digital antenna PHDTV1.

Susan in Omaha (07/11/2008)

By Susan M.

Installing A Digital Converter Box
Digital Converter Box
Using a Digital Converter Box
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
🎄
🍂