Installing a Microwave Oven Over the Range

How can I lower my "over the range microwave" without having to install new cabinets? I just got rid of an old combination range, microwave, vent (one piece that had the microwave under a 5 inch recirculating vent). Now I am installing a new range with an over the range microwave (2 pieces) and the microwave has a built in air recirculator (sucks air in at bottom).

I live in a downstairs condo and do not have nor want to install an outside vent. But my microwave will be about 5 inches too high for my comfort since I am very short. How can I lower the microwave without installing new cabinets and have a nice looking area? Thanks.

By Franciemr from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Go to a store such as Lowe's or Home Hardware and ask them. They have pamphlets and videos, as well as classes in "do it yourself" stuff. They can show you how to do it and sell you the right stuff to do it properly. They showed me how to install a microwave over my stove. Good luck and take your time. You're only doing it once (hopefully)! (09/05/2009)

By catastrofy

How about building a sturdy shelf above your microwave? Extra storage or a good place for "show off" items. (09/06/2009)

By AuntyC

A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
🎉
🎄