Installing a Microwave Oven Over the Range

I just replaced a range hood with an over the range microwave. They installed it under the existing cabinet. Unfortunately, it is very high and difficult for me to reach.

Is there any kind of adapter kit to lower the microwave? Otherwise I would have to get new cabinets. Any ideas? Is there a limit on how high it should have been installed?

By Robie from CA

Answers:

It might be better to locate the micro under an existing cabinet if possible. When I had my micro installed over the stove the installation directions call for a minimum distance between the top of the stove and the bottom of the cabinet that the mirco is to be attached at 30 inches. That makes it pretty high up and one must be careful taking hot and heavy dishes out of the mirco. The other bad thing that happens is when cooking on the stove moisture condenses on the under side of the mircowave. (12/10/2009)

By foxrun41

A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
Installing Tile
Installing Tile
🎉
🎄