Instant Pickled Beets

Ingredients

• 1 cup liquid
  • 1/2 cup brown vinegar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 stick cinnamon OR 1 Tbsp. whole cloves

Directions

For each can of beets you use, you need 1 cup of liquid. Liquid is the beet juice from the can and water added to make the 1 cup.

Place the liquid in a medium sauce pan, and set the beets aside in a med-large plastic bowl you can cover when done. Add to the liquid, the brown vinegar, sugar, and spice choice. Bring liquid mix to a boil, then pour over beets. Cover and refrigerate till chilled.

Great for a "do it the day before" holiday side dish. And yes, it can be made with sugar substitutes for diabetics.

By Dede from Macon, MO

Answers:

Instant Pickled Beets

I also make pickled beets using canned beets, but your recipe sounds much too sweet to me. I assume you mean a 15 oz. can, that's what I use. For one can of sliced beets I use 1/3 cup beet liquid (juice from the can), 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp. ground cloves.

Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Add drained sliced beets, cover, let return to a boil and turn off the heat. Let it sit until cool (about an hour) and refrigerate. This tastes like the pickled beets in the jar, Greenwood brand, I think. (01/08/2009)

By OliveOyl

Instant Pickled Beets
Canning Beets, Drying Beets, Growing Beets, Selecting Good Beets, Peeling Beets, Freezing Beets, Fresh Whole and Sliced Beets
Peeling Beets
Canning Beets
Pickled Beets
Pickled Beets Recipes
Freezing Beets
🎉
🎄