Insulate Windows With Bubble-wrap Year Round

Someone had submitted putting bubble wrap on the windows for winter. I live in a mobile home. How do we go about attaching it so it stays up and keeps the drafts out? Thank you.

By Patty

Answers:

Bubble wrap is not a good insulation product. It has bubbles but has a lot of flat area that cancels any insulation qualities. You would be better off using window film available from hardware and big box stores. To use, and I suppose you could hang bubble wrap if you want to waste time, is to outline the wood molding with a double sided tape. Double sided means there is adhesive on both sides of the tape. Cut the film larger than the window. Press the window film on to the tape trying to eliminate any ripples. Then take a hair dryer and run over the film but not to close that you burn holes in the film. The film will shrink to a tight fit. If over time it develops some ripples, use the hair dryer again. The film is clear so you can look through it and some times folks forget it is covering the window and stick a hand through it to open a window. (11/22/2010)

By foxrun41

I use bubble wrap on my mobile home windows inside; I simply put either tape or use push pins to keep it in place; now I do put a rolled up towel between the screens and the windows at the bottom as I was told that helps insulate it as well. I also in one bedroom, put up a folded quilt behind the curtains; hanging it with "clips" which are to hang skirts up with; I bubble wrap; hang the folded quilt; and then the curtain. With the folded towel between the screen and windows. This really helps a lot! I have also used towels folded double as well as the quilts; I believe in layer windows as well as myself in the winter months!

Hope this helps you! (11/22/2010)

By MzScarlett

Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
🎉
🎄