Insulate Your Water Heater

Save 4-9% on your water heater bill with an insulation blanket. You can also lower hot water bills by installing a water heater timer that turns hot water off at night and on in the morning.

By Kathy

More Tips:

Insulate Your Water Heater

We just turn our water heater off at the circuit breaker box and I should do it more often.
Also always Turn it off when there is a thunder storm or a power failure as surges can cause fires and lightning seems to be drawn to Water Heaters & Ceiling Fans so turn all of these off when It's stormy & when you are not at home & when power fails. It could save your house from Fire.

These are not Old Wives Tales. The Electrician who installed our ceiling fan told me to turn It off and the Plumber who periodically replaces the element in our water heater due to Lime told me to turn it off. These are folks I listen to.

For that matter unplug your computer & Modem. A friend got her's fried by Ivan because she forgot to unplug the modem. Motherboard go Bye Bye. Not Nice. The Computer Tech who fixed my previous computer (bless those onsite service contracts) told me to unplug my modem and computer when I'm not using it. (10/17/2004)

By Linne Dodds

Insulate Your Water Heater

Another way to say money on energy bills is turning down your water heater. Some people have their water heater turned to the highest setting; this not only costs more but could cause scalds to young children. (11/18/2004)

By klawrence34

Insulate Your Water Heater
Cleaning a Water Heater
Cleaning a Water Heater
Water Heater
Does My Water Heater Need To Be Replaced?
Water Heater
Troubleshooting a Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater