Insurance Discounts

Most people are aware that you get a discount on your insurance if you bundle your vehicle insurance with your homeowner's or renter's insurance. But, many people are not aware that you can qualify for more than one discount for other reasons as well. Many companies also give discounts for:

• students with good grades
  • getting married
  • your occupation (my husband and I get one for being firefighters/EMTs)
  • military
  • taking certain classes (such as my husband got one for taking a motorcycle class, and my daughter for Driver's Ed
  • paying with auto draft (from our checking account)

We also recently got a "bonus" for referring another customer to our insurance agent.

By mom-from-missouri from NW, MO

I recently started having my payments deducted from my checking account. Instead of $36 a month I now pay $29 and change. Thats a considerable discount for me since my truck is 13 years old.

Most insurance companies have something that could lower your premiums. I don't remember what it's called though. It is something they put in your car to, track your driving habits, and you can get a discount if you are a safe driver. It checks for things like how fast you drive, whether you drive after dark, how often you use your brakes, etc. But I'm also wondering if you are a bad driver if they would raise what you pay. :)

Normally, When you knock the door for insurance, insurers will convince you by offering huge discounts or cashbacks. But at the time of renewal, they charge you lot more than the deal available for you in the market. So Insurance Geeks advise customers to check prices online at the time of renewal. One could save up to 30% on car insurance premium if he/she switch supplier.