Is Garlic Toxic to Cats?

Is garlic poisonous to cats?

By DEWEY44

Answers:

Is Garlic Toxic to Cats?

Doubt it. One of our cats often eats food which has been cooked in garlic, with no ill effects. (07/18/2009)

By alloydog

Is Garlic Toxic to Cats?

I have read a couple of articles lately where studies are showing that garlic is toxic to cats and dogs :-o I wish I had kept the articles but it's something to definitely contact a few local vets and maybe the ASPCA to see what new news they have about it before allowing them to ingest. Maybe it depends on the strength of the garlic (cooked, raw,etc) but it does make sense to me that body weight and health could make a big difference. (07/18/2009)

By Deeli

Is Garlic Toxic to Cats?

The ASPCA Poison Control Center says garlic is indeed poisonous to our pets.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/poison-control/people-foods.html

Since I cook for my dogs I purchased a second crock pot so I can make them healthy "stews" without onion or garlic which I use in mine. Jennifer Northern Virginia
(07/19/2009)

By ILuvDobes

Is Garlic Toxic to Cats?

I almost lost a litter of kittens to heinz body anemia because the canned broth we used to thin their food with had onions and garlic in the making of it. We saved most of the kittens. (07/19/2009)

By Chiismychi

Is Garlic Toxic to Cats?

It depends how much you give your cat. Brewers yeast tablets or powder with garlic if given at the right dosage will not hurt your pet. It will decrease shedding and after about one month of taking it, the garlic will have built up in their system that no biting insect will bother them. I have used this product for 8 years. (08/11/2009)

By bsmoreland

Garlic is Poisonous to Cats
grey rat
Homemade Rat Bait Ideas
Non Toxic Mold Cleaner
Non-Toxic Mold Cleaners
A cat eating a houseplant.
Keeping Cats From Eating Houseplants
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎄