Is My Dog a Pure Bred German Shepherd?

The lady said she was a German Shepherd. She was 10 months old in this picture. The lady couldn't keep her, so I took her in. Do you think she's a purebred or a mix?

She looks purebred to me. You can always do a DNA test to be certain.

This is a very hansom dog and it looks very much like a German Shepherd. However, if you would like to know if the dog is a pure breed or not the only way to tell is through a dog DNA test. You an purchase the test online and preform the test at home. Otherwise, when you take the dog to the vet, ask them to do a DNA test. Then you will know for sure if your dog is a pure breed or not.

Look it. Very gorgeous!

My family (mostly brothers) have always had German Shepherds and their ears are very outstanding - just like your baby's.

DNA tests are getting very popular so I'm hoping the cost will fall soon as the test kits now cost $50 to 200 dollars but most of them are very accurate. Test kits are sold at most pet stores, on line and from your vet. If your baby is due to see her vet anytime soon you can always ask their opinion about the breed. Of course, they cannot actually tell by looking if she is pure bred but they have a lot of knowledge about breeds.

Here is a link about DNA testing and also an example of a test kit for sale but there are lots of places to purchase these kits.

https://www.can  esting-for-dogs/

http://www.wisd  isdom-panel-4-0/

She looks purebred but there are a lot of mixes that look purebred I'd get her DNA tested