Is Our Puppy a German Shepherd Mix?

We adopted this wonderful puppy on December the 21st. We were told that he is a German Shepherd mix. Does anybody have any idea, maybe mixed with Belgian Malinois or Lab? As you can see his tail got broke in 3 places, making a kind-of 'M'. We love him more for it!

Sam from Little Rock, AR

Best Answer

We Got Izzy from a rescue when she was a few weeks old. She was advertised as a GSD mix. Currently at 10 months, she's around 40-45lbs, which is somewhat small for a GSD. Some of her features include a shorter snout, and a ring tail. Her laws are definitely smaller than I've seen in other GSD and her back is straight, not slanted. We love her either way, but have always wondered what her makeup is.

Yep he looks like my dog Igor Malinois cross lab

Best Answer

Our puppy Lily, looks exactly like your dog. We were told she is a German Shepard, Boxer Pit Bull mix.

Best Answer

Okay I have a puppy named Nala who could be your dogs twin! And she has one break in her tail. She just has rabbit ears lol. But I showed a picture of your dog to my boyfriend and he though it was out dog at first. Anyway, that being said we were told she was a German Shepard Husky mix.

The other dogs I say in her litter had the blue eyes (carried by the husky) and the German Shepard coat. And our girl was the odd ball out so I had no choice but to take her home (: .

Once I took her to the vet, they gave as much confirmation (as they could) to say she has some husky in her bloodline... (This was due to white coloration in fur near her paws, and having further characteristics of husky through her legs and paws.)

Best Answer

Hey, looks like mine! I had a DNA test and mine is Stafford mixed with white shepard.

Best Answer

I had to add to this conversation because my Rosco guy looks exactly like some of these doggies! The picture is a bit old- currently, he is 8 months old and about 50 lbs. We were told her was boxer and german shepard, but people have been telling me he looks pit. Either way, he is the most loyal and loving dog ever! I love him to pieces :-) I'm thinking about getting the blood test just because I'm curious. Anyone know how accurate they are?

It's common for rescues to say boxer instead of pitbull because of the bad rep they have!

Best Answer

My puppy looks EXTREMELY similar to all the pups on here. I was told by the owner of Ava's (my puppy) parents that the mother was full-bred german shepherd and the father was have pitbull and half "wolf". Im guessing timberwolf. Let me know what you think of her

Best Answer

Seen this, and had to add in my own little baby!

This is (James) Hetfield. The Vet said he was Staffordshire Bull Terrier mixed with German Shepherd. He's about 6 months, and looks just like all the others! ;D

He's extremely energetic, and loves people.

Best Answer

My Bailey looks like all of these dogs too! She was a rescue, I believe dumped in the area, because there was another one that looks just like Bailey about a mile from here, but that one had more white on her chest... And found almost 2weeks later, was curious about what type of dog she was, and came across this post. Thought I would share the photo of Bailey too.

Just posting another picture so you can see the crazy similarities.

Too funny! I, too, have a dog that looks very similar! Never knew there could be so many adorable pups that look like this!

This is Louie. He's a German Sheppherd (dad) X Amercan Stafford (mom) from Holland. He looks more like a Malinois but his father was definitaley a German. On these pictures he is about 7 months old.

A cute German Shepherd mixed breed puppy.
Is My Puppy a German Shepherd Mix?
Pets DogsJanuary 25, 2008
German Shepherd
German Shepherd - Breed Information and Photos
Caesar (Siberian Husky and German Shepherd Mix)
Siberian Husky - German Shepherd Mix Info and Photos
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Skinny German Shepherd Laying Down
Skinny German Shepherd
🎉
🎄