John Deere Riding Mower Won't Start

I have a John Deere la105 riding mower, about 1 year old. It won't start. When I turn the key I get one click. I charged the battery and looked for a short or loose wire, same thing. I replaced the solenoid, same thing, turn the key and just one click. I replaced the battery, same thing.

I can get it to start by directly jumping the starter with the battery, but that's the only way. It seems to me that the battery, the starter, and the solenoid are all good. I am stumped. The only mobile John Deere repair within 200 miles closed, so I have to rent a trailer and drive it an hour away! So much for my warranty.

By Frankie from Merritt Island, FL

Answers:

John Deere Riding Mower Won't Start

Well, I also have a John Deere with the same problem. With a freshly charged battery I get a click when I turn the key. Sometines after I turn the key several times the mower will start. When it doesn't I hook up my battery charger, put it on boost and turn the key. With the extra boost it starts. (05/25/2010)

By foxrun41

John Deere Riding Mower Won't Start
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start
🎉
🎄