Junk CDs As a Bird Deterrent

I keep all those "junk" CD's you get free in the mail to put on fence posts, on the tomato stakes, or just long sticks to let shine and spin in the garden to keep away the birds. And maybe even some animals, too.

By Sheila McDonald

Answers:

Hang CD's From Tree Branches

You know I have doing that for a long time now and my kids thought I was nuts but I also had a tree that was dying so I trimmed it so it just had some limbs on it then I hang the CD's on that too. Yes it does work wonders here.

By Joyce

Christmas Decoration

I've heard of people using the pretty side/shiny side out and putting them on Christmas trees as decoration.

By badwater

Rubber Snakes?

I also was told that a rubber snake laid where birds were a problem would keep them away. Is that true? I have a friend who lives in an A frame house with a HUGE window in the living room. They have flown on the ledge and pecked her window up badly. She doesn't want to do anything drastic but they are really scratching it badly. Anyone got suggestions?

By MamawKC

Use Snakes, Not Owls

Snakes work pretty well for keeping birds away. DO NOT USE OWL! I used one, and second day, the birds were sitting on the owl's head. Carried it back and got my money back. Good luck with your garden.

Recycle CD's As Garden Pest Control
Storing CDs
Storing CDs and DVDs
Junk Mail or Email Spam
Preventing Junk Mail or Email Spam
Organic Food
Buying Organic Food
Uses for CDs
Uses for CDs
🎉
🎄