Junk Car Disposal

Our rural landscapes have too many junk cars (including my yard). Any one know of any creative free or low cost

disposal/recycling for them? It really seems that for batteries and tires there should be a disposal fee

associated with all new car purchases.

Sally M.

Answers:

Vocational school

Try contacting the local Vocational school. Sometimes they'll take junk cars to practice with. Also a lot of junk

yards will tow away and even pay you a small ($25 or so) fee for the junk car as they will sell the parts.

Bernadette (12/01/2000)

By admin2

donate them to charity

If they are still running donate them to charity, Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. If not check with junk yards or a

school that teaches auto repair, both mechanical and body.

Helpful Reader (12/01/2000)

By admin2

check your local Cancer Society

To get rid of junk cars, check your local Cancer Society. In most areas, they will come and pick up you car, for

free, to auction off and raise money for their cause. You can also use it as a tax deduction. If they don't do it

in your area, check with other organizations. I know there are about 6 in my area that you can donate used (non-

running) cars to.

Carri Ann (12/01/2000)

By admin2

Most local fire and rescue squads...

Most local fire and rescue squads will gladly haul away your old cars to practice rescue techniques on them. They

will even give you a receipt for a tax deductible donation.

Lori (12/01/2000)

By admin2

Girl Scouts

We got rid of an old car by calling up the Girl Scouts and donating it to them. They sent a tow truck and left a

receipt to use for charitable tax deduction. I have no idea what they do with the cars, but they wanted it,

running or not!

Tipsy (12/01/2000)

By admin2

Junk Car Disposal

You can try junk-yard.org. They'll tow your junk car from any area in the

U.S. (08/10/2005)

By Junk Car

Junk Car Disposal

Try JunkMyCar.com. They are one of the top rated junk car removal companies and are with the BBB. (08/20/2007)

By Carl

Junk Car Disposal

If you have a trailer you could haul it yourself to any near by recycling center like iron and paper. They pay

$7.50 per pound. So on a 3,000 pound car you could make $300 extra dollars for spending money. You can also take

any car batteries to your recycling center and they sell for $3.00 each. But if you do not want the extra cash

because you feel it's time and trouble, then advertise on your local radio station that you want it picked up free

of charge. And you will get numerous people wanting to pick it up especially junk yards. Because they will make

money off of it by selling it for parts. Junk yards make good money from that. Put a sign on the car too that says

"Free Take It Away!". It will soon be gone. (10/21/2007)

By theseamstress

Junk Car Disposal

nwautorecyclers.com is who recently took care of a few cars for me. They are fast and free! (12/20/2007)

By guest

Junk Car Disposal

I live in Houston and called these guys. They were very nice. I called on a Monday morning and they picked my old

junk car up on Monday afternoon. They also paid me more then the other local junk buyers were offering. I would

highly suggest using them. If you are in the Houston area:

http://www.houstonjunkcar.com/ (05/16/2008)

By Sherry

Junk Car Disposal

We at WOTMF are a charity that accepts cars, trucks, or boats. By donating you will receive a tax deduction. We

will tow your donation for free. http://wotmf.com (07/09/2009)

By wotmf

Junk Car Disposal

I just got rid of my 1990 Toyota corolla with a blown engine. I didn't feel like selling it, too much of a hassle.

I used http://theclunkerjunker.com.

I was very happy with their service. (07/17/2010)

By NancyB56

Junk Car Disposal

Forgot to mention, they also gave me $200 for it, pretty good for the condition it was in. (07/17/2010)

By NancyB56

Disposing of Old Cars
Disposing of Old Cars
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Celery and Banana Going into Garbage Disposal
Cleaning a Garbage Disposal
kitchen sink
Unclogging a Garbage Disposal
Clean garbage disposal drain.
Keeping Garbage Disposal Smelling Fresh
🎉
🎄