Keep Bees Away

This honestly works! To rid your outside areas of bees:

Fill to 1/2 full a clear plastic sandwich bag. Toss a shiny penny inside the bag then tie the bag tightly shut with a piece of twine. Hang this bag anywhere you want bees to stay away from and start smiling, cause it works!

Why it works: bees don't have the same eyes as we humans; so, bees 'see' this as a spider in a web and they don't want to get caught!

Stuff any size of brown paper bag with newspaper, enough to puff it up. Either tie the bag shut with twine or tape it shut with brown tape. Then, either hang the bag OR tape the bag to any place that won't be rained on.

Why it works: bees 'see' a wasps' nest and don't want anything to do with wasps. In fact, when I taped mine up, a yellow jacket came right next to my head, touched the bag two or three times, then flew away. The only bee to come near since I hung the bag, not even a wasp has come around the bag!

NOTE: Since I used both of these hints, I have NOT had a single bee within 15 feet of my back door; thank goodness for small favors. Plus, these are easy, inexpensive hints and neither look awful, maybe only "odd".

Source: Who knows? I stumbled on these hints a long time ago.

By Janie from Ranshaw, PA

Keep Bees Away

What do you fill the bag with besides a shiny penny? (05/12/2009)

By iam.sheila

Keep Bees Away

Yeah, I was wondering that, too. Inquiring minds want to know! (05/12/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Keep Bees Away

I was wondering what was in the bag with the penny also. (05/12/2009)

By pokyhi

Keep Bees Away

I'm wondering, too. Is it air or water? (05/13/2009)

By skinnyjinny

Keep Bees Away

Looks like I'm not the only one wondering just what to fill the bag to 1/2 full of? (05/13/2009)

By iliao93

Keep Bees Away

I'm filling mine with water. One year we had a concession stand in the horse barn area. I filled plastic bags with water and hung them around the windows/doors and that helped with flies. I imagine you fill these bags with water also, only add a penny for the effect of a spider. (05/13/2009)

By batmenj_5

Keep Bees Away

I've got to get hubby to try this, carpenter bees love our front porch! (05/13/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Keep Bees Away

What am I filling the clear plastic bag 1/2 full with? (05/14/2009)

By TresL

Fly on Blade of Grass
Keeping Bugs Away When Sitting Outdoors
Bee on Hummingbird Feeder
Keeping Bees Out of the Hummingbird Feeder
bee on a flower
Keeping Bees Away
wasp by a pool
Keeping Bees Away From a Pool
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden