Keep a Phone Book in the Car

I have a pal who carries a phone book in her car, for those times when she needs a city map, phone numbers, or restaurant coupons. I'd never thought of carrying one in my car, I just have certain phone numbers in my purse, in case of emergency. But hers is a great idea!

By Terri H.

Answers:

Keep a Phone Book in the Car

Some phone book companies publish a mini-book designed especially to fit in small places (like cars). You have to ask for them. Be warned, though, the print can be tiny! I myself have found several occasions to use the phone book I keep in the car. (11/18/2004)

By calnorth

Keep a Phone Book in the Car

We pick up 9 or 10 phone books each year when the new books come out. Each phone in the house gets one beside it and every vehicle of ours gets one. If you have to call the operator to find out a phone number when you are driving somewhere or need the address of someone in town you've got it already in the phone book and do not have to pay the phone company for the number. (03/04/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

Phone Book in the Car

In this age of cell phones I've found it handy to keep a city phonebook in my car. It seems I'm always thinking I need to call someplace while I'm sitting at a traffic light. I just pull over and look up the number and take care of the business.

By Lynn Thomas (06/14/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Keep a Phone Book in the Car

Yes very good idea, we've done this for years. We also save phone books from other towns. When you move take at least 1 phone book with you. I never throw away a phone book. I put some under a lamp that's not tall enough, put some under a child that's not tall at the table, put flowers in them to be pressed and dried. I'm sure there's more info online, good luck. (02/24/2009)

By k w