Keeping Ants Off Your Picnic Table

Ants can totally over take when food is eaten outside. Whether it be my dogs dish or my picnic table, I have found a way to stop them in their tracks

First make sure not one single blade of grass touches the legs of your picnic table, or a small low to the ground dog/cat food table. I have place old carpet under the dog food table. Then place each leg into a coffee can, put oil some the can (any oil should work).

The ants have to walk up the outside, then down the inside of the can, but can't swim through the oil.

By Cat Webber

To keep ants away from your plate on a picnic draw a circle around your plate with chalk. For some reason ants will not cross it.

By Carol Clinton

Answers:

Keeping Ants Off Your Picnic Table

The ants will also not cross water. I have a miniature moat (uses the same idea as the coffee can on the picnic table where the ants have to walk up the outside and then down the inside of the moat) that I attach to my hummingbird feeders between the hook on the wall and the feeder. Because the ants need to cross the moat (which I fill with water) before they can get to the hanger of the feeder, they will not even try. Before the purchase of the moat, the ants would crawl right into the hummingbird feeder and drown in there, making a mess of the feeder and the hummingbirds didn't even want to feed then. There used to be a steady stream of ants to the feeder. I also used to have to change and fill the sugar water very frequently because of the ants. No more. (04/06/2005)

By valleyrimgirl

Keeping Ants Off Your Picnic Table

I have been using Diatomaceous Earth (D.E) I have cats, dogs, chickens, goats and kids and this stuff is excellent. Make sure you buy the FOOD GRADE version !!! It is a powder and I sprinkle it wherever I dont want ants. I even add it to my pets foods to keep ants out and sprinkle it on their coats to kill fleas and ticks. Check the link

http://www.internet-grocer.net/ (04/26/2005)

By Kay

Keeping Ants Off Your Picnic Table

Any kind of oil will do just fine. (06/17/2006)

By Cat

Two people at a picnic in Paris.
Keeping Bugs and Flies Away From Your Picnic
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄