Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

What can I use to keep ants out of the cat food bowl in the house?

Darlene from Danbury, CT

Answers:

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

Ants won't walk over chalk so if you can make a chalk outline around the bowl. If the bowl is on a carpeted area find a piece of wood to put it on then draw the chalk around the edges.

Good luck =^..^=
Monique (06/19/2008)

By Monique63

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

Try putting a Bounce dryer sheet under the pet bowl. Works for kitchen counters too where those tiny annoying ants like to crawl around. (06/19/2008)

By Mary Lou Campbell

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

Ants don't like baby powder either so dust some around the area. All the best. Teresa (06/20/2008)

By Teresa

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

I found the best thing to use for ants was cinnamon, pure cinnamon, no sugar added. I sprinkle it all around my pets bowl and no more ants. Good luck!

(06/20/2008)

By Crafty47

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

Spray full strength vinegar around and under the bowl. Let the area dry then put the bowl back down. Also, if you see a trail of ants, spray the trail with vinegar. It removes the scent ants leave behind for others. My daughter is allergic to ants and I have learned that vinegar works the best for quick results. Cinnamon works as a wonderful smelling deterrent, but the vinegar (when sprayed on the ants) will kill them right then. If you use cinnamon, make sure to sweep it up before mopping, otherwise it may stain the surface it's on (learned from experience) then it's really hard to clean it off. (06/20/2008)

By momoffour

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

Baby powder does the same as chalk if you don't have chalk. (06/23/2008)

By

Close of up dog food bowl with "Good Dog" design on it, surrounded by spilled kibble.
Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄