Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

We get ants when we leave our cat food on the floor. Since the food is in the laundry room, I put a non-skid rug on the dryer and put the cat food on the dryer. Since my cat is older and does not jump too well, I placed the dome covered cat litter box next to the dryer, so the cat can make two steps up to get to her food. I showed her this method 2 times, and now she does it all the time. No ants and a happy well fed cat.

Source: Necessity is the mother of invention! I really dislike ants.

By Eiw from Lancaster, PA

Answers:

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

I have had dogs and cats at the same time. And anyone who has, knows that dogs like to eat cat feces and cat food. So I fixed this problem the same way. Put everything up higher than the dogs can get to! The food on the dryer is what my cats like best because it's warm up there, and it also keeps their water warm in winter. (09/23/2009)

By Cricketnc

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

Place the dogs bowl in a plate or shallow dish of water and I solved the problem. (09/24/2009)

By Dorty

Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl

When I have small kittens that can't jump up, I put their little bowls in a saucer of water so the ants drown before they get to the food. (09/27/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Close of up dog food bowl with "Good Dog" design on it, surrounded by spilled kibble.
Keeping Ants Out Your Pet's Bowl
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎉
🎄