Keeping Asian Beetles Out of My House

I have a chalet in WV and use it two weekends a month. In late Fall millions of Asian beetles (that look like ladybugs) fly in mass from the mountains and head for my chalet for warmth. When I arrive my 22' windows are black with bugs, the tub is filled, and the ceilings are alive.

I cannot figure out how they are getting inside of the house. I'm thinking around the tracks of the two sliding doors maybe? I've asked what to use at DITY stores and folks say you can't fill up the sliding door track and still use the door. Is there an experienced person with the answer or some other suggestion? Thanks.

By Manorris01 from Dunkirk, MD

Answers:

Keeping Asian Beetles Out of My House

The lady bugs are harmless. I live in the North and every fall my house is covered with the bugs. Some show up in the house all winter long. Lady bugs eat other smaller bugs. They can get in the house through the smallest of openings. So you may want to close up any openings you may find. Other than that just sweep them up and toss them outside. (04/23/2009)

By foxrun41