Keeping Bugs Off My Silking Corn

Last year I was told to put a few drops of something on my corn when it started to silk and it would keep the bugs and worms off the corn. It worked, I just can't remember what it was that I put on it. Can anyone help me out. I would love to save my corn before the varmints have a feast!

By Sheila

Yes, you should use a few drops of cooking oil..vegetable, canola or any other cooking oil will work. Just gently separate the silks at the tip of the ear. Be careful not to break the silks as each silk is necessary for a kernel of corn on the ear. Place a few drops inside the husk. It will discourage the worms and will even drive them out if they are already inside the husk.

Harlean from Arkansas

Put a little Dipel dust in the top of the ear and you will have no worms. Anne from North Carolina

Mineral oil

Controlling Insects on Corn
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJuly 5, 2011
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🎄
🍂